Monday, September 13, 2010

Phuket, Thailand

I think that I am going to dedicate my blog to all of the travel destinations that I have been to. In this blog post I am going to talk about Phuket, Thailand. Phuket was one of my favorite places. Mostly because of how different it was from anywhere else I have seen. It was so incredibly rich in culture and beauty. When I visited Phuket one of their neighboring cities had just suffered from a Tsunami, it had devastating effects. I remember seeing a boat capsized miles away from the coastline, it had been swept out of the ocean and shipwrecked. Like I mentioned in my previous blog post, I am a beach person; Thailand had amazing beaches. The water was so warm and the sand was so soft; people literally flocked to the beaches there because of their beauty and ideal characteristics. Another one of the many beautiful things about Phuket, Thailand was the people there. The people were so kind and giving. Everyone we ran into seemed to be filled with joy and a huge smile on their face. Also a great benefit for Americans traveling to this part of the world is that our dollar is worth much more than the money that they use. We got wonderful massages every day for only $10 an hour. Below is a picture of one of the exquisite beaches in Phuket.

No comments:

Post a Comment