Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kusadasi, Turkey

Two summers ago I took a cruise of the Mediterranean. It was amazing; we got to visit many different countries and see many different things. One of my favorite places that we visited was Kusadasi, Turkey. I had never even thought about visiting Turkey before my cruise. When I thought of Turkey I thought of the desert or some sort of run down poor village. But, it was not that at all. We visited a beach called green beach in Kusadasi. It was absolutely stunning. The water was very wavy which isn't my favorite way for the water to be, but it was so warm and salty and green colored, those attributes made up for the waves. It was so warm outside and we just laid in the sun until we got too hot and then we went into the water to get refreshed, it was a continuous cycle. I also loved this beach because it was like a huge party. Everyone was drinking beers and they were playing techno music. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before. And to think I thought Turkey was a run down desert!
We also had wonderful food in Kusadasi. I remember walking through the town getting tastes of Baklava and other types of Turkish food. Another very interesting thing about Kusadasi was that they had this liquor that, when mixed with water, turned into a milky sort of substance. It was a very strong alcohol and it was very interesting that it did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment