Sunday, October 17, 2010

Santorini, Greece

A few summers ago I went on a cruise to several different destinations; Santorini, Greece being one of them. Santorini is unlike any place I have ever visited. My family and I went to a black sand beach while we were there. It was very interesting and very beautiful. It was very hot outside when we were there, this may have been partly because the sand was black. It was almost too hot to walk on; so, built on the sand there were walkways leading to each umbrella area. It was very tourist oriented at the beach we went to, but it was still nice. Even while just lying on the beach, someone would come and take your order for food or drinks. It was an interesting experience for a beach. It was also quite a party destination, there was a restaurant/bar near the beach that was very busy. The architecture in Santorini, and Greece in general is so different from anything I have seen. In Santorini all of the buildings were some sort of white stone. It is beautiful. Santorini was also an interesting experience because I met some kids my age that were in Santorini to go to school abroad from the United States. I considered doing that because it is a beautiful place. I guess I still could!

No comments:

Post a Comment