Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Manuel Antonio is a beach that I went to in Costa Rica when I was very young. However, I remember it vividly as if I had just gone. One of the main things that I remember from visiting this beach was one of the tours that we went on. This tour took us through the jungle in a big jeep sort of vehicle, and we saw all sorts of monkeys and other animals. The monkeys are very friendly in Costa Rica. They seem to love people, it is very funny. The tour also provided us with time to snorkel down a stream type water thing. It was very interesting. I have always been afraid of snorkeling though for some reason, it feels too vulnerable. But I remember that the water was very very warm and I saw things that I had never seen before. Still to this day I have not seen anything comparing to how interesting this stream snorkeling was. It was like above the water it just looked like a stream in the jungle, and below the water it seemed like an alien world with bright colors and all sorts of weirdly shaped fish creatures. Another thing that we did on the tour was kayak. I don't think that I kayaked but I know that the rest of my family did. I have not ever been big on kayaking. But the water in the ocean was beautiful I do remember that. And it was a beautiful day to lay on the beach so that is what I must have done instead. I would love to visit Manuel Antonio again if I ever got the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment